Friday, December 16, 2016

The Girl On The Train: Paula Hawkins

Since the film came out, The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins has been coming and going more often at our little bookstore and since some readers request a review I thought I'd give it a read.  Done and done.

Yeah. It was okay. I read from cover to cover in about a day and a half. At no point did I think, "This book is rubbish", nor did I want to set it down and quit reading. The characters were wonderfully faulted, the mystery was interesting and sordid, new information was slowly fed to the reader in small enough bites to be just not enough to make assumptions too close to the truth.

Not a great read, but not a bad read. I would say The Girl On The Train is good vacation or day-off fodder.

Have at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment