Sunday, May 29, 2016

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files_01): Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff



Illuminae (The Illuminae Files_01)


Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Yowza. 



What a reading experience. I can honestly say it doesn’t remind me of any other book I have ever read. 


When first I saw the book sitting in the Sci-Fi section, on top of our hardcover shelf, unsure of its placement, I was intrigued by its colorful and rather involved cover.  Plastic it looked, and plastic it turned out to be. Clear in spots so the text on the hardcover (front and back) could come through, like code-breaking should.

 It looked explosive, it looked different, and upon closer inspection, it had two authors. 


There is not one section in the store that I can think of to place this book. It could definitely be in Sci-Fi. It could definitely be in Art. It could definitely sit successfully on a shelf near graphic novels. It would absolutely sit comfortably on the shelf reserved for ‘Interesting Reads’.


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Though this futuristic novel has some glaring differences than how I see the future and man and progression and communication, it is a

...dare I say it…


masterpiece. 


Yes. I dare say. 


The art, the storytelling, the flow, the method of information delivery….

The text….

I read this book in one day not because I could not put it down, 
but because I would not.

No comments:

Post a Comment